Sunday, April 27, 2014

Happy Spring! Or what there is of it. I have not begun cleaning my garden yet, for fear that the cold will kill my perennials. So my spring bulb show is not so pretty this year. I am getting very excited about the monarch butterfly season coming up. I have been hoping and praying that the weather in the southern states has been good enough to give them the population the boost that they need to make this summer really count.
So far the weather has been ok, No tornadoes (or very few), no Texas wildfires, floods or drought....Even though this spring has been very cold, the weather has been mild.

So in the spirit of getting ready for our little friends coming back this spring, I am giving a Butterfly Gardening Workshop tomorrow (April 28)  T at Moraine Valley CC. 6:30-9, $15, you can register by phone! (708) 974-4300. 9000 W College Pkwy, Palos Hills, IL 60465 Easy! Peasy! I will be covering Butterfly Gardening, Monarch Conservation and raising caterpillars at home.

Below are a few photos of a newly designed caterpillar house that a new friend of mine made. It was not hard to build at all! 




No comments:

Post a Comment